Buckwheat Soba Noodles!
What you will need:
- 1 8 oz package of soba noodles
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 4 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar
- 5 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of sriracha hot sauce (maybe less cuz I like it really spicy!)
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 oz of evoo
- 3 carrots cut thinly or julienned style
- 4 green onions cut thinly
- 1/2 a cucumber chopped
- 1/2 a bell pepper chopped (any color will work)
- 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- a handful of edamame or snap pea or snow peas
- a handful of cilantro leaves
- avocado chopped (to garnish right before eating)
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
1 Cook your soba noodles and then rinse under cold water to help with the stickiness.
2 In a bowl mix together all your liquid ingredients and ginger root well.
3 Pour over cooked soba noodles and mix in all your veggies.
4 Garnish with your avocado and sesame seeds.
So this recipe was sent to me in my Farm Fresh to You box’s newsletter. Of course I tweaked it a little to be more “my style” lol. It’s a really flexible recipe so use what you can. You don’t need to have every single ingredient. The noodles don’t even need to be buckwheat soba noodles. Use whatever noodles you want! This recipes is a great way to get in some raw veggies! Perfect for summer because it’s meant to be served cold. Enjoy!